Vote for 4Change at SXSW
The #4Change crew threw in an idea to the SXSW Interactive conference for next year and we are excited to make it happen, will you help us?!
or read on to learn more….
Our Panel Idea
Organizations, foundations, even individuals are creating social innovation competitions, hoping to drive social change projects and solutions into the global marketplace. What are these new competitions about—are they working? How do we—innovators, entrepreneurs—know what’s going to make real-world impact and where do we start? Let’s discuss: join us!
Here are some of the questions we hope to answer (or at least ask!) in the presentation:
- What are social innovation challenges?
- Why are challenges important? What need do they serve?
- What are the different types of competitions and which work best in driving change?
- How can challenges/competitions be used to discover, support, and accelerate social change projects and solutions?
- Do social innovation competitions spur real world impact?
- Does the success of competitions rely on the judges or the prize money?
- What’s required to create competitions that will generate real innovations?
- How can challenges support collaboration between projects?
- How can communities or groups start their own challenges to solve local issues?
- What’s the future of how we use challenges to drive social change?
How to Vote
Voting will open on August 17th and close on September 4th – so be sure to vote today!
About SXSW Interactive
“SXSW Interactive features five days of compelling presentations from the brightest minds in emerging technology, scores of exciting networking events hosted by industry leaders and an unbeatable line up of special programs showcasing the best new websites, video games and startup ideas the community has to offer. Join us March 2010 for the panels, the parties, the 13th Annual Web Awards, the ScreenBurn at SXSW Arcade, the Film and Interactive Trade Show and Exhibition, Accelerator at SXSW and, of course, the inspirational experience that only SXSW can deliver.”
About the #4Change Team Presenters
The panel is comprised of the #4Change team, a group of individuals collaborating to propel the social media for social change conversation forward via monthly Twitter-based chats. Competitions for change is an important topic to the #4Change community and a Compendium of Competitions has started growing. More at http://4change.memeshift.com