June 11th #4change Chat Recap
This month’s #4change conversation was around Challenge Competitions for Social Innovation. Aside from the team here at #4change, we also had some other great folks join us during the chat.
Our 3 questions for this chat were:
- How can challenges/competitions be used to discover, support, and accelerate social change projects and solutions?
- What are the different types of competitions and which work best in driving change?
- How can challenges support collaboration btw projects?
We also discussed a developing a taxonomy of competitions with the following criteria:
- who votes
- who for
- criteria (collaboration?)
- implementation tools
Participants also shared some great links throughout. Two key takeaways for me were:
- the potential for future collaboration with other projects should be put into the judging criteria
- competitions can surface stories and causes that might not otherwise get any attention
What’s your take? Feel free to comment below and tweet it out!